designed to help employers improve how they recruit, retain and develop disabled employees
The Disability Confident scheme aims to help employers make the most of the opportunities provided by employing disabled people. It is voluntary and has been developed by employers and disabled people’s representatives.
The Disability Confident 100 Day Community Challenge 2018 was launched by Sarah Newton MP to ensure local employers sign up to Disability Confident, to ensure people living with health conditions and disabilities who want to work have the opportunities to do so.
Through Disability Confident, thousands of employers are:
• challenging attitudes towards disability
• increasing understanding of disability
• removing barriers to disabled people and those with long-term health conditions
• ensuring that disabled people have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations
Why should employers become Disability Confident
• Being Disability Confident could help you discover someone your business just can’t do without.
• Whether an employee has become disabled during their working life, or you’re looking for new recruits, being Disability Confident can help your people fulfil their potential and contribute fully to your team’s success.
• By being Disability Confident, you’ll also be seen as leading the way in your business sector and beyond, helping to positively change attitudes, behaviours and cultures.
Disability Confident helps businesses:
• draw from the widest possible pool of talent
• secure and retain high quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
• save time and money on the costs of recruitment and training by reducing staff turnover
• keep valuable skills and experience
• reduce the levels and costs of sickness absences
• improve employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that they treat all employees fairly
Disability Confident is designed to help employers improve how they recruit, retain and develop disabled employees. Over 7,000 employers have already signed-up and the number is growing daily.
To sign up to be a Disability Confident please register by visiting https://disabilityconfident.dwp.gov.uk/