Supporting SMEs to bring innovative products or services to lower carbon emissions in the built environment
Benefits of participating in the project
The project provides eligible SMEs with the opportunity to meet potential buyers of innovation. Innovators whose solutions closely match the needs of the demand side are invited to pitch their innovation directly to the project’s client partners. Participating SMEs are also able to network with demand side organisations at innovation events. Eligible SMEs who participate in the project receive 12 hours of free innovation support, provided by BRE.
To be eligible, the applicant organisation must:
- Be an SME (fewer than 250 staff and an annual turnover not exceeding 50 million euros or an annual balance sheet of not more than 43 million euros)
- Be eligible for State Aid support
- Have a low carbon innovation
- Have their registered head office in England
A range of free innovation support is available, depending on the product/ service and its development stage. Support includes:
Expert assessment of innovation performance
Market briefings directly relating to the innovation
Fit to supply sessions
Workshops on communicating innovation benefits
Understanding the client approach to investment risk.
In addition, SMEs may also be selected for further support in the areas as below:
- advice on product development
- access to industry leading research and development facilities to help develop, test and refine product and service solutions
- pilots and in-situ testing for those solutions with highest potential to meet demand requirements.
For further information please visit www.hertslowcarbon.org/smes/ and contact Jackie Sharp at BRE by email Jackie.firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 01923 665249