Up to £2m grant funding alongside private equity investment to support innovative immersive technology companies
SME projects UK businesses doing R&D in immersive technology can apply for a share of up to £2 million grant funding alongside private equity investment.
The grant funding is from the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund.
This investment accelerator competition is for UK-based micro, small or medium sized enterprises (SMEs) who are looking for grant funding and who want to establish an equity relationship with a UK venture capital firm. The competition aims to encourage investment in innovative immersive technology companies.
These companies can be engaged in:
- immersive content production
- the delivery of new immersive products, services or platforms
- or the development of novel immersive software, hardware or devices
To lead a project you must:
- be a UK-based micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) in immersive technology
- carry out your research and development (R&D) activity in the UK
- commit to co-investment from one of the investor partners listed in the scope section
- apply as a single company
Opening 20 May 2019
Closes: 3 July 2019
For further information please visit https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/354/overview