grant funding for those businesses forced to close as a result of lock down
The Local Restrictions Support Grants (LRSG ) is now available for business required to close in national measures.
Which businesses will benefit
A business may be eligible if it:
- Occupies a property and has liability for business rates
- Has been required to close from 5 November 2020, following the second national lockdown and was trading up to this date.
- Has been unable to provide its usual in-person customer service from its premises.
Businesses will not be eligible if
- It has been able to continue to operate during lockdown because it does not depend on providing direct in-service services from its premises
- Has reached the state aid limits. (The national business support grant counts towards state aid.) If you have reached the limit , you may still be eligible for funding under the Covid-19 Temporary Framework rules where the limit is €800,000
- Businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking off notice has been made at the date of local lockdown.
- For properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under, the grant is £1,334 per 28 day qualifying restriction period
- For properties with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 the grant is £2,000 per 28 day qualifying restriction period
- For properties with a rateable value of £51,000 or over grant will be £3,000 per 28 day qualifying restriction period
To access support, kindly the application form by visiting https://services.stevenage.gov.uk/~?a=local-lockdown-grant